Home > Applications For Use > Agricultural Buildings
Concrete Leveling for Agricultural Buildings
Due to the Kansas City area sitting on clay, the concrete in agricultural buildings will crack and sink over time. Expansive soils, like clay, tend to heave when wet and shrink in drought-like conditions. The soil can change density and strength depending on the moisture content.
Too much water and the soil can heave or lose strength. Too little water and the soil can shrink, taking stability away from the concrete. If the clay soil is in a routine of wet and dry, the concrete will bend and eventually break, just like when you bend a piece or metal repeatedly.
This constant shifting of the soil can lead to concrete cracks and gaps. It is important to repair the concrete before it fails.
Polyjacking.com has the best solutions for your settling agricultural buildings.
Some of the common problems with concrete in agricultural buildings are:
You can click on the links above to learn more about the problems that can impact your concrete slab.
If you have any of these issues with your concrete in your agricultural building in St. Louis, Kansas City, or the surrounding area, we offer polyjacking to lift and stabilize your concrete.
The Polyjacking Process for Agricultural Buildings
The process of polyjacking uses high-density polyurethane foam delivered by our polyurethane trucks. With the right poly equipment and material, this process is relatively simple.
- A small 5/8" hole is drilled through the affected concrete.
- Polyurethane foam is injected into the voids beneath the concrete. As it expands, the concrete is raised and permanently stabilized.
- The holes are then filled and the site cleaned up.
- Polyurethane has a short hardening time so the concrete surface is immediately ready for use.
Polyurethane is impervious to water so it prevents any future erosion problems, unlike mudjacking.
After we stabilize and lift your agricultural building, you won't have any issues for many years to come. We have the right equipment and use the best products for your concrete needs.
There are many advantages to using polyjacking for your agricultural building concrete repair.
- Economical - less expensive than removing and replacing concrete
- Moisture resistant - Polyurethane guards against moisture
- Accurate - Polyurethane creates a precise lift of the concrete
- Durability - Polyurethane is strong yet dense and can support a large amount of weight
- Less disruption - Polyurethane dries quickly to concrete can be used immediately
- Conformability - Polyurethane foam contours to the size and shape of the voids to provide total coverage
Let the professionals at Polyjacking.com help you with any of your concrete repair needs in your agricultural building. Contact us today for more information in Kansas City, St. Louis, and throughout the Midwest and South!