Airport Runway Leveling in Kansas City and St. Louis
When it comes to airport runway repair, it is important to get the repair done with as little disruption as possible. In the past, the method for the repair was to remove and replace the runway. This is costly and disruptive.
Airport runways, over time, will become unlevel due to the breakdown of the concrete and underlying soil. When the expansion joints break down, water will penetrate beneath the runway and, with heavy airplane traffic, it will begin to give way and become unlevel.
Polyjacking.com has a cost-effective, efficient, and less disruptive method for runway repair. We inject polyurethane foam into drilled holes. Voids are filled under the runway and the surface is lifted back to its original level.
Taxiway Leveling Solutions in Kansas City, MO
The method of polyjacking is relatively simple:
- Small 5/8" holes are strategically drilled into the top layer of the runway.
- Using a specialized system, the polyurethane foam is injected into the holes, entirely filling the voids beneath the runway.
- The holes are filled and the equipment is removed.
- Due to the short hardening time, the runway can be used about 15 minutes after the repair.
Compared to other methods like mudjacking, polyjacking has many benefits and is far less disruptive::
- Polyurethane has higher durability than other materials for concrete leveling.
- Polyurethane has a high compressive strength for solid, dense support, yet its tensile strength provides pliability necessary for permanent support.
- Polyurethane is moisture resistant and longer lasting than other materials.
- Polyurethane dries more quickly than other materials and may be installed at night to keep runways open during busy daytime hours.
Because we are the leading experts in polyjacking, we repair runways in a wide range of service areas. Let Polyjacking.com repair and level your airport runway with a durable and long-lasting product that requires little disruption to your airport services.
Contact us today!