The Benefits of Using Polyurethane for Lifting Concrete
Settling Concrete in the Kansas City Area
Settling concrete could benefit from polyurethane lifting solutions. Settling concrete foundations cause structural problems such as sloped floors, floor cracks, and sticking windows and doors. If the settlement becomes severe enough, it could lead to complete foundation failure. To avoid this fate, it is important that you invest in concrete lifting and leveling services as soon as you notice any sort of settlement in your foundation. The most economical and efficient method of concrete lifting is known as polyjacking. The polyjacking process utilizes a polyurethane injection beneath the slab to lift the concrete and fill the voids that have formed beneath the foundation.
What is Polyjacking?
The first step in the polyjacking process is to drill a series of small holes in the slab that has started to settle. It is important to make sure that the hole is properly spaced so that they do not weaken the concrete. Next, the polyurethane is injected through these small holes into the voids below. Once it is injected, the polyurethane material expands, compacting the soil around the voids that it fills, creating a solid base for the entire foundation, and lifting the foundation to the proper level. Finally, the holes are filled and the site cleaned up. This process is efficient, and the polyurethane hardens fast to allow the regular use of the foundation about 15 minutes after application.
Why Choose Polyurethane for Concrete Lifting?
In addition to the fast curing time of the polyurethane used in polyjacking, there are several other benefits to choosing this repair method. Some of these benefits are:
- Permanent Solution: Because it works to fix the root cause of the sinking foundation rather than just lift it, polyjacking is a more permanent solution than other traditional concrete lifting methods, such as mudjacking.
- Lightweight Material: The mudjacking procedure, similar to polyjacking, uses a heavy concrete grout. It adds 100 pounds per cubic foot to the sub-base, while polyjacking adds only 3-5 pounds. Poly trucks are used to transport the polyurethane material.
- Protects Against Moisture: Unlike the grout in mudjacking, the polyurethane foam used in polyjacking seals the bottom of the foundation to lock out water seepage and prevent erosion.
- Increased Accuracy: With the polyurethane injection process, the foundation of your home can be raised to within 10/1000th of an inch.
- Little Disruption: Because it requires minimal equipment and time, polyjacking is a less disruptive option than concrete removal and replacement.
- Economical Option: Polyurethane injection beneath your slab is around 75% cheaper than tearing out the old concrete and replacing it with a new foundation.
Contact us today to find out more about how polyurethane is the best option for your concrete lifting needs.