Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) for Bridge Inspection in Kansas City
Bridges and infrastructure across the country are in serious states of disrepair and deterioration. Current bridge inspection methods are outdated and inaccurate.
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) offers a more accurate method that's very cost-effective. Removal of the asphalt overlay is not required with GPR which can be a considerable saving in itself.
GPR can identify specific areas that require repair allowing contractors to target those areas efficiently, saving you time and money.
- Accurate bridge deck assessment
- Locates areas of concrete delamination and steel corrosion
- Depth of cover to reinforcing steel
- Asphalt overlay thickness
- Detection and location of voids
- More accurate than half-cell potential and chain drag
- Shorter downtime on lane closures
- Full assessment of the entire bridge.
Considering the budget cuts that DOTs have faced recently and the deterioration of infrastructure, GPR makes economic sense and helps keep us all safer. It isn't often that something costs less, is less disruptive, AND is more effective, but GPR is all-around a better way to assess a bridge deck safely.